- Established October 1972 (Originally founded in 1907)
- Representative Director Takahiko Nonogaki
- Capital ¥48,000,000
●Manufacturing and sales of honey, royal jelly and other bee products, health foods and drugs
●Beekeeping support and sales of beekeeping equipment
●Health food research
- Number of Employees 1,069 (As of end-August 2017)
Period ending August 2017
Sales: ¥32,502 million / Profits: ¥1,841 million
- Financing Banks The Juroku Bank,Ltd Main Branch, The Ogaki Kyoritsu Bank,Ltd Gifu Branch, The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ,Ltd Gifu Branch, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Shinbashi Branch, Mizuho Bank,Ltd Nagoya Branch
- Affiliated Companies Gifu Apiculture Co., Ltd., API Holdings Co., Ltd., API (SHANGHAI) Trading Co., LTD., UNIGEN Inc.
- Chairman Takashi Nonogaki
- President Takahiko Nonogaki
We have one wish:
To help make people healthier
This is why we at API keep striving to do better.
API's corporate philosophy is "Making People Healthy with Honeybees".Based on this mantra, we have continued working for over 100 years since our founding in 1907.
In today's super-aging society, the demand for medical care, nursing care and welfare services is on the rise. People want to grow old healthily, and it is also our wish to help make people healthier. The supplement industry is situated between the medicine and food industries, and the positive effects of supplements are well known. Awareness of supplements throughout society continues to grow.
As an OEM manufacturer, we strive to respond to all of our customers' demands. We aim to provide total support from marketing to material procurement, planning, development, technology, and manufacturing as well as assured quality.
Since our founding we have continuously taken on new challenges, moving from the apiculture industry into the contract manufacturing of health foods. In 2004 we advanced into the pharmaceutical industry by building a new factory for the contract manufacturing of drugs.
There are still many hurdles we must overcome, but we will continue to tackle new challenges without fear of change in order to keep meeting the needs of our customers.
President, API Co., Ltd